The inspiring, no-nonsense bible to learning both traditional and modern Fair Isle knitting, featuring 45 versatile Fair Isle pattern designs and 14 beautiful, practical projects to test your new-found skills.
Fair Isle knitting has a timeless appeal, and is celebrated all over the world for its beautiful patterns and distinctive motifs. Using just two colours in each row you can create a myriad of different patterns that are deceptively easy to achieve. In this definitive guide, expert knitting designer and best-selling author Monica Russel teaches you the essential skills of this traditional colourwork technique and provides all the inspiration you need to create stunning Fair Isle patterns of your own.
- The book includes a fascinating history of Fair Isle knitting, and takes a close look at the yarns, needles and other tools you need to get started in colourwork
- There are step-by-step instructions on the key techniques for creating Fair Isle patterns, including choosing colours and using charts, all illustrated with step-by-step photographs and an abundance of colourful examples
- A stunning collection of pattern swatches provides inspiration and instruction for over 45 borders, patterns and motifs, all accompanied by a written pattern, chart and examples in various colourways
- To practise your new skills, there are 14 items to knit, ranging from a simple hat to a stunning dress and waistcoat.
UK SHIPPING CHARGES
|Shipping Type||Orders up to £30||Orders over £30|
|UK Small Order Shipping* (Royal Mail 1st Class)||£1.95||N/A|
|UK Economy Shipping (Royal Mail Tracked 48)||£3.95||FREE|
|UK Standard Shipping (Royal Mail Tracked 24)||£4.95||£1.00|
* fewer than 20 pattern leaflets/20 small buttons
N.B. Whilst Royal Mail report that at least 98.5% of 1st Class / Tracked 24 post arrives within 1-2 days, neither Royal Mail nor Sconch guarantee delivery times.
Returns & Replacements
If you are unhappy with your purchase or simply change your mind, you can return any items to us within 14 days of you receiving them.
All items must be in their original, resaleable condition.
You are responsible for the cost of returning items to us (unless they are faulty) and we recommend using a tracked service as we cannot refund any packages which go missing in the post.